Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ghost Droppers And Such


I have been a member of Entrecard for a little more than a year now, and like how it works.
I like the way I get to find new blogs to check out, and I like making friends with the folks I meet from there.
I have been reading about all the ghost dropping, and was unaware of it until last week, but I wanted to check it out for myself.
I have seen those sites that have the ads that proclaim " drop 300 in minutes " and I looked into a few.
They opened the site and all the content for me to see, so I guess there was no cheating there.
I came across another that when clicked, opened up 15 to 20 DROP blocks in yellow. No Ecard widget, no site, no content. I guess that's where the cheat was.
Just to let everyone know, I have my personal collection of sites that I go to and I drop on. My other drops are made through the CMF spikes and adgitize.
I normally do not get in all 300 drops a day, but if I stop on your site, you can be sure I looked around and stayed for a while

7 comments:

Mike Golch said...

that and a drop is all that i ask for.I like your site.

David said...

I often wonder why people keep lists of blogs to drop on so that they can drop on the same blogs over and over and over and over.... wouldn't be more interesting to drop on different blogs sometimes instead of the same ones so maybe you can get some fresh visitors from people you never dropped on before... at least that's the way I do it... but I know you didn't ask for all that... sorry for rambling lol.

AudreyRose said...

I drop EC on the most popular sites in entrecard daily but sometimes I don't usually reach the 300 limit of drops a day, esp. if I'm a little busy. I haven't stumble upon those drop blocks in yellow with no widget :D

Audrey
http://www.lagawan.info

Martin MY said...

It's all down to time that's why people look for time saving options, you cant' blame them. It does take the fun out of dropping though but that's a choice you have to consider.

Shay said...

I just started doing EC and I tried one of the sites that have grouped pages so you can go through them quickly, but I found that a lot of them weren't pages that had any new content or they ended up not even having the EC link. I like to find new blogs, too, which is why I do this.

Shay
www.sweetestfinds.com

Mom said...

I have seen the cheats, too. It's a waste of time for me, really, because I like to read and comment on other blogs. I think leaving relevant comments actually does more to grow my own audience than anything else.

Warren Contreras said...

The cheats are only cheating themselves. There is much more to EntreCard than exchanging drops. To answer an earlier commentors question, I drop on the same sites in a list because they are the ones I have determined offer REAL content that changes often, so I want to come back. That's why you just got added to my list.