Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Aldies


I stopped into a new food store today in my area.
It is called Aldies, and from what I had heard, it was like a discount grocery store.
It was very basic, and had a few brand names, many of the prices on the can goods were the same as the great value brand at Wal-Mart.
The only good point I found was along with my register receipt, I got a strip of coupons that were good at various retailers in the area.


Times are tight, and I do grab any coupon I can find, so even though I had to put my cans in a box, and pay a quarter deposit to use the shopping cart, I still may go back

2 comments:

Mrs Sweetwater said...

Aldi is a very good basic grocery chain. they are international and offer lots of specials through out the year for celebrations; such as christmas. occassionally they sell housewares, which are top quality. they even sell televisions, yard furniture, fishing gear, guitars, furniture, wii and digital cameras. more stuff than you could ever name. and I assure you, as i shop there regularly, at home; and when i travel I know they have consistent quality.

Remember to bring your recycled shopping bags to save that .10.

Anonymous said...

I remember Aldi! Too bad they don't have one around here. Best place you can go to for generic, quality food at a very discount price.
http://superheroesmom.com